Venezuelanalysis.com is looking for a hard-working journalist interested in spreading the word about what is happening in Venezuela.
This is a part-time position, but could be expanded, depending on the organization’s finances and the commitments of other writers.
- Write several news articles per week for Venezuelanalysis.com, by attending news conferences, news events, and summarizing news from Venezuelan sources.
- Write analysis articles that explore issues in-depth and with plenty of context, including conducting interviews.
- Translate articles from Spanish to English.
- Participate in daily editorial meetings with other writers, to determine the topics for the day.
- Edit and post articles written by others.
- Excellent English writing skills, with at least some journalism experience
- At least fair spoken Spanish and ability to follow the news in Venezuela
- Knowledge of and an interest in Venezuela and its politics, dedicated to reporting on the news that the mainstream media leave out
- Politically progressive and a strong sense of solidarity with Venezuela’s poor and working class
- Ability to talk to strangers, good personal communication skills
- Should be currently living in Venezuela, or able to move here
- Monthly salary in local currency
- Unfortunately, no other benefits are included (such as health care)
- Paid vacation of one week for every three months of work
Send cover letter, résumé with two to three references, and writing samples to editor [at] venezuelanalysis.com. We are looking for someone who is able to start as soon as can be arranged in 2015.